Tuesday, December 29
I just saw the trailer for a new show called "The Buried Life", it's about 4 guys with a list of things to complete before they die & along the way they meet people & try to help them accomplish their bucket list. The picture above is #77. Go to burning man. It looks really incredible! Here's the trailer!
Sunday, December 27
Wednesday, December 16
Everyone loves a good cuddle (unless they're sadistic and sad) but it turns up a good hug is worth more than just emotional reassurance! Because of something called the "cuddle hormone", the cuddle hormone is oxytocin, it's been linked to maternal affection & the feelings of attachment between couples. It stimulates a deeper parasympathetic nervous relaxation response, creating a sense of calm & ease. Cuddling lowers blood pressure & regulates your breathing. It's proven that children who receive sufficient affection have an overall higher IQ than children who don't. Cuddling increases feelings of safety, security, trust, self worth, belonging & appreciation.
Monday, December 14
Addiction to Cosmetic Surgery
"Patients who do not have an addiction to plastic surgery are satisfied when they leave; addicts think just one more procedure—and then another, and another, and another—will make them look perfect. This addiction can be the result of Body Dysmorphic Disorder, which is an unhealthy preoccupation with physical appearance or a specific body part. A famous addict is millionaire Jocelyn Wildenstein, who spent over $4,000,000 on cosmetic surgery over the years."
Addiction To Funerals
Geophagy: Addiction To Dirt
'The extraordinary practice of earth eating is well documented by medical and anthropology journals and classified as "pica" or "geophagy". While not being considered a social norm in Western society, the custom is quite common among primitive or economically depressed peoples, and also animals, to augment a scanty or mineral-deficient diet. However, the practice is most often confined to people suffering from chronic mental illness and commonly labeled as "nutters".
Side Note: When my brother was little we'd convince him to eat dirt all of the time... he's not developmentally challenged.
Teeth Whitening Addiction
"Since bleaching is easy and effective, people can really get hooked. Two possible side effects of this addiction are tooth sensitivity and gum irritation. According to a report, in the US alone, people spent almost $1.4 billion on tooth whitening products and procedures in 2006."
Sunday, December 13
Friday, December 11
Thursday, December 10
01. Best style advice from your parents? Black goes with everything.
02. Style Icons? Barbara Streisand's character in "What's Up Doc?", Agyness Deyn, & Jackie Kennedy.
03. Describe your personal style: This season, I'm quite into this motorcycle chic movement(i feel like i hate that word "chic"), but still feminine and a bit of that "nerdy kid in the 70's" look. I'm very much inspired by my parents high school yearbook.
04. Personal Style quirk: Owl Jewelry.
05. Favorite designers: Alexander Mcqueen.
06. Most underrated item in menswear/ womenswear? The cape.
07. Your next "must have" purchase? Studded bracelets.
08. Favorite Book? The Metropolitan Life by Fran Lebowitz. Always.